You just don’t want color – You want amazing color. Color with depth, dimension, shine, and style. Custom color that you can only get from your Redken Stylist, with Redken color products. Each Redken shade is developed with superior dye technology and exceptional conditioning to give you the hair color you want.
Redken haircolor is divided into three categories – demi-permanent haircolor, permanent haircolor, and lighteners. Consult with your colorist to discuss how to best adapt trends such as highlights, babylights and balayage to your individual style to achieve the deepest brunette, most vibrant red or coolest blonde.
In permanent haircolor, such as Redken Color Gels or Redken Chromatics, artificial dyes interact with the hair’s natural pigment to create a final haircolor. Therefore, the colorist must consider natural hair color and previously applied artificial haircolor to achieve the final color result. Permanent haircolor dyes are extremely small colorless molecules that penetrate through the cuticle and into the cortex with the aid of an alkaline substance such as ammonia. When these molecules combine with hydrogen peroxide, a chemical reaction occurs –they oxidize and react with other molecules called “couplers” to form complex dye molecules. The newly-formed dye molecules are embedded in the protein structure of the hair fiber, which makes them ‘permanent’ or more resistant to rinsing out. Get inspired with a new look, explore the Redken Lookbook.
Redken Permanent Haircolor Lines:
|• Features Oil Delivery System (ODS2) + Protein Extract Technology to deliver amazing permanent haircolor without the ammonia
• Leaves hair stronger than before it was colored
• Features original Chromatics with a modern, multi-dimensional finish and Chromatics Ultra Rich for those looking for a more solid, monochromatic finish
• Features two Chromatics Carmin’R red/violet shades to achieve unmatched and intensely powerful ruby red and copper shades that last up to 40 shampoos*.
• *Instrumental test vs. Redken traditional red dye. Chromatics base only.
• Learn more about Chromatics
CHROMATICS BEYOND COLOR
|• Chromatics Beyond Cover
• No ammonia formula that completely covers gray hair
• Pre-blended shades provide stunning, natural results on those with advanced gray
• Conditioning agents help to smooth unruly gray hair
COLOR FUSION ADVANCED PERFORMANCE COLOR CREAM
|• Color Fusion
• Provides a massive palette of color to choose from, allowing for the perfect customized look
• Multi-dimensional finish creates stunning, shiny hair with a modern feel
• Dye technology that ensures long-lasting color
• Features new Color Fusion Carmin’R red/violet shades to achieve unmatched and intensely powerful ruby red and copper shades that last up to 40 shampoos*.
|• Low-ammonia color cream
• Conditioning agents add strength and manageability to gray hair
• Completely covers up to 100% gray hair
COLOR GELS PERMANENT CONDITIONING HAIRCOLOR
|• Color Gels
• Long lasting dyes mean more color durability
• Solid color results for those who want to completely “erase” their gray
Demi-permanent products may be formulated with oxidative dyes only, or with a combination of oxidative and direct dyes. Demi-permanent colors must be mixed with a low volume hydrogen peroxide to develop. The formulations in these products contain low concentrations of alkali for minimal lift or can be formulated without ammonia for no lift. For example, Redken Shades EQ Equalizing Conditioning Color Gloss is no-ammonia and processes at an acidic pH without lift.
Redken Demi-Permanent Haircolor Lines:
If you are hesitant to commit to permanent color on your hair, ask your colorist for a Shades EQ service, a demi-permanent haircolor that delivers color, shine, and condition to hair. Whether you are looking to refresh or tone color, cover gray, enhance shine or achieve the season’s hottest red carpet trends, Shades EQ is always the answer.
The Shades EQ family features no ammonia for minimized cuticle damage and includes Shades EQ Gloss, a gentle equalizing conditioning color featuring wheat amini acids for healthy shine and incredible coloring.
Tracey Cunningham’s on How Shades EQ Makes Every Client Feel Like a Celebrity:
“Shades EQ thickens the hair and makes it look shiny and glossy. Not one of my clients leaves my chair without a Shades EQ gloss. It’s what makes me successful”
SHADES EQ EQUALIZING CONDITIONING COLOR GLOSS
The #1 demi-permanent haircolor in the U.S. SEQ Color Gloss
•Adds amazing condition and shine to the hair
•Brings life and vibrancy to faded color
•Helps correct overly “brassy” hair
•20 minutes processing time
SHADES EQ EQUALIZING CONDITIONING COLOR
As part of the Shades EQ palette, features of Shades EQ Cream include:
|• SEQ Cream
• No-ammonia formula
• Gives hair a noticeably conditioned feel
• Achieve lowlights, blend gray or add lasting shine
• Features two new Shades EQ Cream Carmin’R red/violet shades to achieve unmatched and intensely powerful ruby red and copper shades that last up to 40 Shampoos*.
SHADES EQ COVER PLUS BRIGHTENING CONDITIONING COLOR CREAM
As part of the Shades EQ palette, features of Shades EQ Cover Plus include:
|• SEQ Cover Plus
• No-ammonia formula
• Blends gray hair naturally in just 20 minutes
• Grows out naturally and softens the line of regrowth
REDKEN FOR MEN COLOR CAMO 5-AND 10-MINUTE CAMOUFLAGE COLOR
|• RFM Color Camo
• No-ammonia formula
• Blends gray hair in just 5 minutes
• Can be applied at the shampoo bowl for discreet service
There are also demi-permanent color products which are formulated with direct dyes, meaning the color is present and visible without the need to chemically develop it with peroxide. What you see in the bottle or tube is what you can expect to see in the resulting haircolor. Demi-permanent colors can cover gray without lift, but shampoo away in five-ten shampoos. The colors typically use alcohol to bind to the hair, making them potentially drying and difficult to remove or change shades.